Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Question: How do you feel about having autism/being autistic?

Honestly, that is a pretty complicated question to answer because some days I enjoy having it, some days I don't really care, and other days I wish I never had it. First, I would like to talk about when I wish I never had it. The times that I absolutely wish that I never had it are when I am in a social setting and I just may say or do the wrong thing sometimes and when I'm on Facebook, people would block me because apparently I am a nuisance to them, and there are many other examples too. Also, I would like to talk about when I actually love being Asperger's/autistic. The times that I actually love it are when I am in class, I am just naturally able to process certain details that neurotypical people cannot process or at least have great difficulty processing. Basically, there are benefits and downfalls to having Asperger's or autism.

No comments:

Post a Comment